Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Server install in Docker falure

admin@thequestion.ru April 4, 2017

Hi!

I try to install Confluence Server in Docker. I tried as official image and also unofficial one. Problem is the same - failure on database step.

Steps to reproduce:

* install container

* make port 8005 accessible outside the server nginx (I guess could be replaced to any other reverse-proxy server)

* Visit main page http://..../

* Choose Trial install

* Check Confluence QA and Calendar

* Enter Confluence trial license key

* Choose DB options: Direct JDBC, database credentials

* Press "Next"

* Pages starts to load, but process takes toooo long. Then HTTP timeout gets exhausted, so I see 504 error page.

* When I check database I can see tables created by confluence - so DB was well available to Confluence installer.

* Next I wait until CPU usage of Confluence container goes down.

* I try to reload the installation page in browser and get error (see below pls)

How can I install Confluence to Docker?

HTTP Status 500 - Unable to register MBean [com.atlassian.confluence.jmx.TaskQueueWrapper@1dc0b1c9] with key 'Confluence:name=MailTaskQueue'; nested exception is javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException: Confluence:name=MailTaskQueue

type Exception report

message Unable to register MBean [com.atlassian.confluence.jmx.TaskQueueWrapper@1dc0b1c9] with key 'Confluence:name=MailTaskQueue'; nested exception is javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException: Confluence:name=MailTaskQueue

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception
com.atlassian.config.ConfigurationException: Unable to register MBean [com.atlassian.confluence.jmx.TaskQueueWrapper@1dc0b1c9] with key 'Confluence:name=MailTaskQueue'; nested exception is javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException: Confluence:name=MailTaskQueue
	com.atlassian.confluence.setup.actions.AbstractSetupAction.transitionFromColdToVacantState(AbstractSetupAction.java:161)
	com.atlassian.confluence.setup.actions.SetupStandardDatabaseAction.setupDatabase(SetupStandardDatabaseAction.java:46)
	com.atlassian.confluence.setup.actions.AbstractDatabaseCreationAction.execute(AbstractDatabaseCreationAction.java:36)
..... skipped ..... The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/8.0.41 logs.

3 answers

0 votes
Chuck Solie July 10, 2017

I had a similar error starting with a local persistant directory/my_local_path_to/confluence-home :  

docker run -v /my_local_path_to/confluence-home:/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence --name="confluence" -d -p 8090:8090 -p 8091:8091 atlassian/confluence-server

I noticed that the files in that directory were being created with a user/group that was different from the owner of the directory ('bin' in my case).

i resolved by:

docker stop confluence

docker rm confluence

\rm -R /my_local_path_to/confluence-home/*

chown -R bin:bin /my_local_path_to/confluence-home

docker run -v /my_local_path_to/confluence-home:/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence --name="confluence" -d -p 8090:8090 -p 8091:8091 atlassian/confluence-server

And it came up correctly.  Hope this helps

Travis Moran July 2, 2018

To add to the above

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

chown -R bin:bin <data folder> does solve the issue in this instance but that could change based on OS(guid).

Confluence Container user+id:

image.png

Host system user+id:

image.png

0 votes
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2017

Stop Confluence, Delete all files under 

<confluence-home>/bundled-plugins
<confluence-home>/plugins-cache
<confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache
<confluence-home>/plugins-temp
<confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_language

Make sure the user running Confluence has read/write permissions on the Confluence home directory.

Restart Confluence 

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2017

I found a knowledgebase article that addresses an error like the one you are reporting:

Unable to Start Confluence Due to JMX

The suggestion in the article is to disable the JMX registration process via a configuration file attached to the article.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events