Confluence Server Slow Dwon

satreci May 28, 2019

Hi

There is a periodic slowdown during operation.

I checked realted logs. This logs are continuously output.

2019-05-29 11:16:38,517 WARN [alert-dispatch:thread-1] [confluence.alert-log] log 1559096198513 ; WARNING ; JVM ; JVM-1002 ; Garbage collection exceeded time limit ; not-detected ;  ;  ; {"durationInMillis":10222,"windowInMillis":20000,"limitPercent":10,"threadMemoryAllocations":"","threadDump":[]}
2019-05-29 11:16:38,520 WARN [alert-dispatch:thread-1] [atlassian-monitor] log 2019-05-29T02:16:38.513Z Component 'Java' alerted 'Garbage collection exceeded time limit' (details: {"durationInMillis":10222,"windowInMillis":20000,"limitPercent":10,"threadMemoryAllocations":"","threadDump":[]}, trigger: {"pluginKey": "not-detected"})

Restarting Confluence is fine for a while(about 2 weeks).

Our Confluence Server Version is 6.13.4.

We use Bitbucket, Confluence and Jira on one server. (100 user license)

• Real user is about 60.
  • Server Memory : 32G

I thik the suspicious part is as follows

• Configuration
    • Server.xml
      • maxThreads : 100
    • confluence.cfg.xml
      • hibernate.c3p0.max_size : 125
  • Backup
    • We perform the backup at dawn. Looking at the results of the monitoring, it seems that memory is being used at the maximum.
    • Memory.png

How can we solve this problem?

Thank you for your help.

2 answers

0 votes
Normann P. Nielsen (Netic)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2019

Any updates on this, I suffer same issue - I think the key is 

{"pluginKey": "not-detected"})

satreci November 8, 2019

First we increased the physical memory(32G -> 64G). And we increased the heap size of the following item. There has been no problem for two months now.

• /opt/atlassian/confluence/bin/setenv.sh
    • CATALINA_OPTS="-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:+UseG1GC ${CATALINA_OPTS}" ------> CATALINA_OPTS="-Xms1500m -Xmx1500m -XX:+UseG1GC ${CATALINA_OPTS}"
    • 1024m -> 2000m
Bill Tanner January 29, 2020

Hi Norman.  Did you ever find out any more information regarding the

{"pluginKey": "not-detected"}) alert?  We are suffering the same problem.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2020

Sure, this was a problem in the Refined (Wiki) plugin.

The vendor was very helpfull and provided new jar file (the plugin is updated on the marketplace long time ago now)

Like # people like this
Dave Hollinden January 11, 2021

@Normann P. Nielsen (Netic) 

We're also seeing

{"pluginKey": "not-detected"})

How did you determine which plugin was related?

Thanks, 

Dave

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2021

As stated above - i belive it was Refined - but its a year ago, so I dont remember much else..

0 votes
sara
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2019

Long GC pause can cause performance issues.For GC tuning please refer.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/garbage-collection-gc-tuning-guide-461504616.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events