Confluence: Reports on Pages

John Aitken August 2, 2011

I’m new to Confluence and am currently evaluating a test copy.

As part of our implementation of a document lifecycle management process, I need to be able to create simple reports, for example: schedule reviews (or other actions) in the future for all pages in the Confluence system. This requires a page reporting function.

The scheduled activity will be based on the page: date last modified meta-data. A composite report with date page created and no. of versions is also a requirement to provide potential trends in activities.

My question is: is this possible out of the box in Confluence? If not, which plugin(s) will provide this reporting functionality and, finally, for someone with little SQL/reporting experience, how difficult is it to use? I’m up against it time-wise, so a simple explanation would be really, really, helpful.

Thanks in advance!

john

3 answers

3 votes
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2011

I would recommend the reporting plug-in. I think it is bundled with Confluence. Here is an example of a report that should generate what you asked for, over a given space.

{report-table} 

{content-reporter:spaces=@self|types=+page} 
{text-sort:content:title} 
{content-reporter} 

{report-column:title=Title}{report-info:page:title|link=true}{report-column} 
{report-column:title=Person Last Changing}{report-info:page:modifier}{report-column} 
{report-column:title=Last Changed Date}{report-info:page:modification date}{report-column} 
{report-column:title=Version History}{report-info:page:version history}{report-column}
{report-column:title=Version Comment}{report-info:page:version comment}{report-column}
{report-column} 

{report-table} 

Now, maybe you just want the version number instead of the version history. See http://wiki.customware.net/repository/display/AtlassianPlugins/Content+Supplier for details on the content-reporter (supplier).

The above reports on all pages in the current space. You can filter based on content, such as labels, if you wish. You can sort the resulting table based on any column or even a "hidden" column.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2014

Archiving Plugin helps you to automate many aspects of Content Lifecycle Management.

As you asked specifically about reporting, I'd recommend you to start reading here:

1. Content Quality report (no of up-to-date vs. expired pages, no of actively visited vs. non-visited pages, etc. per space - see below)
  2. Tracking and reporting pages that are not viewed by anyone (potentially irrelevant content)
  3. Tracking and reporting pages that are not updated for a period (potentially stale content)

content-quality-statistics.png

0 votes
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2011

You might also wish to look at {pageapproval} and {pageapproval-report} macros. http://wiki.customware.net/repository/display/AtlassianPlugins/pageapproval

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events