Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Recommended Updates e-mail flood

admin_ruben May 8, 2016

Hi everyone,

A couple of days ago my e-mail inbox was flooded by 10 Confluence Recommended Updates. What happened is that in less than five seconds i got the usual Recommended Updates e-mail from the last two weeks.

It seems like the messages were "stuck", since i did not get them as i usually do (once per day) and then something happened and i received them all in a bulk.

My boss just wrote me an e-mail that he got 24 Recommended Update Messages in a matter of seconds.

The current settings are as following:

• General Configuration: Recommended Updates Email -> Send by Default (not selected)
  • Profile Settings: Email -> Subscribe to recommended updates (selected)

Any idea? I certainly want to prevent this from happening again in the future.

Thanks in advance,

Ruben

3 answers

0 votes
Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2016

No I can't say anything off-hand. It'd be good to know your Confluence version. The flush properly sent them all?

Any issues your application is experiencing are logged in the Application Log file. You should check that out for any potential logged issues. This is located within <Confluence-Home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log, which is usually /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/logs/atlassian-jira.log.

Usually when this happens and I'm called to support, it's something simple like 'password expired' or 'message was returned' etc. It's usually pretty verbose in the log.

0 votes
admin_ruben May 9, 2016

Thanks for the hint. I just checked in the Mail Queue section: there was a lot of it not being sent. It seems like all the mails from the past 5-6 days has been stucke there. Mostly Recommended Update messages but also e-mails for specific users ("added to the team", "recomended updates for person X"...).

What i did was a simple flush. But what can be the cause for it? How can i prevent it? Any idea?

0 votes
Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2016

Was all email not sending? The Mail Queue is the UI section for this information...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events