Confluence Recently Updated macro should not list 'view restricted' material

Pierre Hilson September 6, 2012

I'm building a knowledge base which will contain 'internal only' articles that should not be readable/searchable by anonymous users.

To achieve this, 'internal only' documents will be restricted in view for anyone but internal people.

My concern is that my customers still see the title of 'internal only' articles on the Knowledge Base home page containing the 'recently updated' macro.

Any idea how to restrict this ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

Try to rebuild indices from scratch and see if it helps. Double check your permission configuration, as recently updated macro should not listed restricted page to common users.

Easiest way to test this is to ask those user to click it and see if they can open the page. If they can, means the permission configuration is incorrect.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Pierre Hilson September 7, 2012

Well. It seems I needed to be a bit patient after changing the rights on the page.

Thanks for the answer. Indeed, the page is not listed if the user has no right to view it.

That is fine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events