Confluence REST API PUT Forbidden (403) Error

CK Yiew February 24, 2021

Hi, I'm using confluence wiki 7.4.4. Able to perform GET operation but not PUT.

I'm able to create/update page manually thru wiki web but not thru command below, so permission side should be already granted. (unless it is required FULL admin permission to run command below)

Command as below:

curl -v -H "Authorization: Bearer $key" -X PUT -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d' {"id":"1744849332","type":"page","title":"new page","space":{"key":"software"},"body":{"storage":{"value":"<p>SUCCESS</p>","representation":"storage"}},"version":{"number":10}}' https://wiki.ith.ABC.com/rest/api/content/1744849332

Output as below:

Error Message:

{

"data": {

"allowedInReadOnlyMode": true,

"authorized": false,

"errors": [],

"successful": false,

"valid": true

},

"message": "Could not update Content of type : class com.atlassian.confluence.pages.Page with id 1744849332",

"reason": "Forbidden",

"statusCode": 403

}

Please advice. Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

Hi @CK Yiew

It looks like a similar user had the same issue and were able to resolve it.  Here is the post: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/403-forbidden-error-when-using-POST-method-to-access-rest-api/qaq-p/642248

Regards

Frank Le Grand June 8, 2022

The post you linked is about using the framework. The OP there actually says that he doesn't have the issue with CURL, so this is a separate issue.

I'm having the same problem and still haven't figured it out, @CK Yiew did you find a solution since you originally posted?

Rob Fender December 9, 2022

echoing @Frank Le Grand ... Anyone? Solution?

Venkatesh Prasad March 27, 2023

Same problem being faced here aswell..

Juan Bau April 13, 2023

here too

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events