Confluence REST API Capabilities for Publishing an External Data Feed on a Confluence Page

Collin Canright
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2018

I'm working to understand what's possible using the Confluence REST API in a server environment and having difficulty. What I have seen so far looks like it relates to content in Confluence. Not quite understanding REST API capabilities in general, I'm not sure I would be able to do what I want: bring data from an external application and display it on a Confluence page using data extracted from the external application's REST API as the source and a Confluence page as the target to display selected data from the feed.

The result is to be a Confluence page that serves as a dashboard reporting daily updates on jobs run by the external application, much like the dashboards we create to report selected items from Jira. I am also assuming we would use the HTML Macro to publish on the page.

Is this possible? Am I on the right track?

1 answer

0 votes
Robert Knazik August 21, 2018

I would be interested in an answer to this also.  I want to publish data from an external xml file to a confluence page.  So far I haven't found anything that shows how to do that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events