Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence Public cloud works with Google SEO

Does Confluence public cloud works smoothly withe Google SEO? Is there any documentation that we can look on this topic?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Mark,

While you can certainly have a public Confluence space and have the content in there be indexed by Google, you'll need to know that this is not what Confluence is made for.

Confluence is not SEO optimized and your content will therefore not be very easily findable. If you want to have a public documentation built on Confluence that looks great and is SEO optimized, I'd highly recommend taking a look at something like Scroll Viewport for Confluence.

Quick comparison:

Take for example this piece of documentation from a public Confluence space. If I google for "custom charts for jira cloud migration" it is only the third result that shows up for me.

We ourselves use Scroll Viewport for the documentation of our apps. If I google for something like "pocketquery cloud ip" I'll get this page as the very first result.

I know this is only one example, so I recommend you try to go ahead and compare this with a few other pages and form your own opinion. Hope this helps! :)

Cheers,
Sven

Matt Reiner _K15t_ Marketplace Partner Jul 06, 2021

Thanks for the shout out @Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_

Hi @Mark Jason BRIONES

You can also check out the pages on help.k15t.com to see how those perform. While we don't have any public pages to compare this to, I hope it's helpful.

This was one of the main use cases we built Scroll Viewport for. Let me know if you'd ever like to see how we use it.

Like # people like this

Thanks Sven and Matt for the answer. Appreciate it. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

🏑 Atlympic Event: Confluence

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

121 views 4 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you