Confluence Plug-in compatibility questions

We are looking at jumping to the latest version of Confluence. I attached the report of the plug-in manager (no I didn't attach - can't attach PDFs here?, find it here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_HuVg-yTgzndU14clQ2eXplM1k). There are some that I have not heard about previously that look like they could be components of a package.

Ones that are listing as incompatible that I know we are using are Scaffolding, Linking, Table.

The ones shown as Unknown that we use are Reporting, and Wiki Markup (why is that unknown?).

Are there some sub-components on this list? Are the RB* plug-ins important for any of the other plug-ins?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Joe Clark Atlassian Team Apr 23, 2012

Hey Kevin,

Confluence 4.2 was only recently released (2 weeks ago). It can take a little while for all our third party plugin developers to get all their information on plugins.atlassian.com up-to-date and accurate with the new release. So, even though the plugin may be listed as "incompatible" on plugins.atlassian.com and the plugin manager, it may actually work fine :-)

I don't know all of those plugins in your list, but I'll answer the ones that I can:

• Clickr theme - this is an old Confluence theme that we no longer support and removed from Confluence. It's spiritual successor is the "Easy Reader (Fixed Width)" theme, which is now bundled with Confluence instead.
  • Left Navigation theme - same as above. We removed this theme and replaced it with the "Documentation Theme" plugin.
  • System Web Panels & Wiki Markup Plugin - These are core components of Confluence. They are supposed to be hidden from the plugin management interface (because they cannot be modified or updated through the plugin system), but there was a bug in Confluence that caused them to be shown: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-25001

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 30, 2018 in Confluence

How Manon Soubies-Camy uses Confluence + Trello to organize webinar notes and her knitting stash

@Manon Soubies-Camy is an engineer who has been an avid Atlassian user since 2014. She helps companies of all sizes transform the way they work with the Atlassian stack, including Jira and Confl...

868 views 8 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you