cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Plug-in compatibility questions

Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

We are looking at jumping to the latest version of Confluence. I attached the report of the plug-in manager (no I didn't attach - can't attach PDFs here?, find it here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_HuVg-yTgzndU14clQ2eXplM1k). There are some that I have not heard about previously that look like they could be components of a package.

Ones that are listing as incompatible that I know we are using are Scaffolding, Linking, Table.

The ones shown as Unknown that we use are Reporting, and Wiki Markup (why is that unknown?).

Are there some sub-components on this list? Are the RB* plug-ins important for any of the other plug-ins?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2012

Hey Kevin,

Confluence 4.2 was only recently released (2 weeks ago). It can take a little while for all our third party plugin developers to get all their information on plugins.atlassian.com up-to-date and accurate with the new release. So, even though the plugin may be listed as "incompatible" on plugins.atlassian.com and the plugin manager, it may actually work fine :-)

I don't know all of those plugins in your list, but I'll answer the ones that I can:

• Clickr theme - this is an old Confluence theme that we no longer support and removed from Confluence. It's spiritual successor is the "Easy Reader (Fixed Width)" theme, which is now bundled with Confluence instead.
  • Left Navigation theme - same as above. We removed this theme and replaced it with the "Documentation Theme" plugin.
  • System Web Panels & Wiki Markup Plugin - These are core components of Confluence. They are supposed to be hidden from the plugin management interface (because they cannot be modified or updated through the plugin system), but there was a bug in Confluence that caused them to be shown: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-25001

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events