Confluence Pinging SQL Server Mulitple Times per Second

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2015

I'm using the SQL for Confluence add-on and I have the below data source in my server.xml file for accessing SQL data from that add-on. I'm running a server side trace on the MS SQL server and I notice that my wiki server is pinging my MS SQL server several times every second. I realize that this probably has nothing to do with the add-on or even anything to do with Confluence but rather Tomcat. Anybody have any idea if there is anything I can do to have Tomcat not be so yappy to my SQL server?

<Resource
name="jdbc/{myprofilename}"
auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver"
url="jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://{myserver}:1433/{mydb}"
username="{myuser}"
password="{mypass}"
maxActive="20"
maxIdle="10"
validationQuery="Select 1"
/>

2 answers

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2015

Yes.

0 votes
Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2015

Are these 'pings' executing the validationQuery?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events