Confluence Pages Were Deleted

Eric Shelley November 6, 2019

I signed up for a Confluence + Jira trial and wrote a bunch of pages within my Jira project. I went to show the content to a co-worker and all of my content was gone!

There is a message at the top saying "You don't have permission to create pages in this space or the space may have been deleted."

The trial is still active and I have entered a billing credit card. Is there a reason why my confluence pages would have been deleted? Is there a way to restore the content?

1 answer

0 votes
Dimitris Ballas November 6, 2019

Hi @Eric Shelley ,

If the space has been deleted in Confluence Cloud there is no way to restore it.

If the page is deleted you can restore it.

More details here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/delete-restore-or-purge-a-page-724764873.html

However, as a first step you should ensure that you have admin rights (Org & Site Admin) and then have a look on the space directory to check if by any chance you don't have the correct permissions on the space. As an admin you can always set the permissions.

You can also have a look at Settings -> Audit Log  and track all the changes that made, e.g. deleted spaces, deleted pages etc.

Eric Shelley November 8, 2019

I signed up for a trial of Jira + Confluence. The pages were created through Jira -> pages. The trial is still active; however, the content was removed. I am the only admin. Could this be a migration issue? Are you saying there are no backups for cloud users?

Eric Shelley November 8, 2019

This makes me absolutely sick. I spent so much time writing content in Jira -> pages and it just all of a sudden disappeared before my trial period has ended. I can't seem to find any record of the content anywhere.

Dimitris Ballas November 8, 2019

Atlassian is not creating any data back ups for you. This is a process that you need to implement by your own and get regular back ups of your instance in order to protect it from data loss.

There is a feature request though for automatic backups in Atlassian Cloud which I believe is in there short term plans to implement.

You can find more information on this page.

Dimitris Ballas November 8, 2019

You can also check on "Your Work" section (in the initial page of Confluence). If an error occurs and the page wasn't saved, it should be there as a Draft.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events