Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence: Page search doesn't work with the Expand Macro or Code Block when collapsed

R Donato
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2015

Hello,

One of my coworkers was looking for information he knew was on a specific page. He used Ctrl+F to look for the info on the page. But no result came back.

He discovered that the info - which is in an Expand macro - was only found using Ctrl+F when the Expand macro is expanded. When it is collapsed, the info doesn't display.

He then found out that the same issue happens when he looks for code that's in a collapsed Code Block macro. We use collapsed Code Blocks for very long code. So we frequently use it but not always.

I also did a test where I looked for information that I know is in a collapsed expand. The Space search displayed the results. But when I went to the page to do a Page Search, the result came up nil.

Does anyone know how to get around this issue? Or how to fix the issue?

Thanks,

Rosemary

3 answers

2 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2015

I filled an improvement request for this at: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-37259 as I could not find any existing ones.

1 vote
Péter Ipacs January 3, 2017

Hi everyone!

This issue is still open?

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-37259

We have the same problem.

CSS and HTML macro is not a solution. sad

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2015

Hi Rosemary, in the meanwhile this feature gets digested by our tracker, you may use a CSS syntax to conceal keywords that will take you to that page section along the HTML Macro

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events