Confluence Page Title Shortcut

Paolo Torricelli August 24, 2013

Because i often use keyboard, how is it possible to create a page, writing down the content and save it without a keyboard way to write the title?

I think i need a way to write the page title without using the mouse, and maybe it's the best to write it as the very first thing when start to typing, but anyway it's ok also to use an editor shortcut to jump to it just after writing down the page content.

thank you1

3 answers

1 vote
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2013
When you create the page it will place the cursor in the editor. Hit shift+tab to move cursor into the title field. Type your title and hit tab again to type your page. When done type cmd/ctrl+s to save the page.
1 vote
argosy_ops August 26, 2013

Not sure I understood you correctly. You want to use only the keyboard and because the cursor is automatically placed in the content area, you are not sure how to add the title afterwards without clicking into the field with the mouse?

If that is the case, just use the tab key on your keyboard. As with any decent made website, pressing tab will go from one interactive element on a site to the next. If you want to reach the previous element (which is the title field in this case), just press shift+tab to cycle to the opposite direction.

0 votes
Paolo Torricelli August 26, 2013

that you all for your answers: shift-tab in my opinion is a good workaround (and it's what i normally use) but in some situations can't work, for example when you instantiate a blueprint containings form.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events