Confluence PDF export - page vs space export difference

Paul Cooper April 3, 2023

Two things I cannot see how to do when creating an online manual creator. 

1. When I export a single page the page title is larger (same or larger than title 1), when I export the space page titles are smaller than heading-2 - does anyone know why?

2. I wanted to insert the company logo as an image in each page header but when I add the image either in the header section or CSS styles I cannot get it to show in the PDF generated. This could be me being dumb but again any ideas much appreciated (logo size is 100px by 32px and appears on title page when I tested it - any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Riley Venable (Atlas Bench)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023
1. The reason the page title size might appear larger when exporting a single page compared to exporting the space page titles could be due to the different formatting options and template settings applied to a single page compared to the entire space. However, to change the size of the page title when exporting a single page, you can use CSS rules in the PDF stylesheet field found within Space Settings > PDF export in the Look and feel card. You can define any of the following rules within your @page rule: @Top-left, @Top-center, and @Top-right to customize the content of the header area.

2. To insert a company logo as an image in each page header, you can add HTML to customize the header. In order to display the logo in the generated PDF, make sure the image URL is publicly accessible and not restricted behind a firewall. The recommended logo size is 100px by 32px, and you can include inline CSS in the HTML to customize the logo placement. If the logo still does not appear in the PDF, check to ensure that the image URL is correct and that the image file type is supported.
Paul Cooper April 4, 2023

Hi Riley,

Thank you for taking the time to reply, for topic 1) I looked at this again and your are correct it is to table headings used, size and placement.

For topic 2) the logo I will keep digging using your recommendation - I think this could be a header size issue somewhere or bad script (I will make a test space and play with it).

Paul

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events