Confluence PDF export dips out Could not retrieve image resource atl.site.logo

Libor_Laubacher August 24, 2017

Confluence 5.5.6, doing PDF export of a page. The export works. It takes a couple of secs more than it should as it keeps looking for a non existing attachment, the log file shows bunch of these:

2017-08-24 10:16:16,386 WARN [http-bio-8090-exec-176] [confluence.extra.flyingpdf.ConfluenceExportUserAgent] getImageResource Could not retrieve image resource http://server:8090/download/attachments/753704/atl.site.logo

I have dumped the DB content to a flat file - no alt.site.logo there; also select count(*) from ATTACHMENTS where title = 'alt.site.logo'; returns 0 results.

When I go to logo/favicon pages in Config - images are there and visible.

When I go to page I am trying to export - does not appear to be any broken attachment there (with emphassis on does not appear).

What I am missing here? How to identify why the page is referring to that logo and remove/change/fix it?

Thanks!

4 answers

0 votes
g
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2017

Try to enable safe mode and check if the issue is still there. If the problem is gone, I would suggest enabling plugins one by one until you find out which plugin is causing it. 

If the problem is not with the plugin, I would suggest contacting Atlassian support for help.

p.s. If you can, you can also use grep command to locate the line in code pointing to that image by searching in confluence-home and confluence-install directory.

Cheers!

0 votes
Libor_Laubacher September 21, 2017

Hi. Thanks for the replies. PDF Layout and Stylesheet under Administration are empty (not used). I am not entirely sure what should I attach and where? Probably should have mentioned this in the problem description, apologies for that - but it does not matter what page I export to the PDF, ie any page I go and 'export to PDF' I see the 'error' above in the log file. Thanks.

0 votes
g
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2017

Is it possible that you have done some sort of customization for PDF? Can you check in Confluence Administration > PDF Layout and PDF Stylesheet if something is referring to this file.

If this is the case, upload an image as an attachment and then use the URL in that customization.

0 votes
aabouharga
Atlassian Team
September 21, 2017

I think it might be related to a bug where df export fails to retrieve image if the image on the page is a web image and url contains "download/attachments"

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-26016

As Workaround:

Add the problematic image as an attachment first, and then replace the web image with the attachment on the page before exporting.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events