Confluence PDF export customization

AdrianaF November 12, 2014
  1. Using Confluence 5.5.3, Documentation Theme.

I am trying to export a Confluence page from the page level (Tools > PDF Export) not from Space Operations.

I used the documentation provided on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Customising+Exports+to+PDF

I have been trying multiple settings at the space level (not global) to use both PDF Layout and PDF Stylesheet together, to customize my title, header and footer, but nothing works.

The only way I was able to add something to the header and the footer was to add content (using the "content" parameter) to the PDF Stylesheet, and leave the PDF Layout totally empty.

Here is what works so far. Content under the PDF Style sheet (at the space level).
----------------------------------------------------
@page
{

margin: 0.5in;
padding: 1em;

@top-center

{ background-image: url(download/attachments/27886202/MO-Logo-Tag-WB-small.gif?api=v2); background-size: 100px; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position:center center; page-break-inside: avoid; } 

@bottom-left

{ content: "<<ProjectName>> Phase <<Phase #>> Monthly Status Report - <<Month>> <<Year>>"; font-family: ConfluenceInstalledFont, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 8pt; } 

@bottom-right

{ content: counter(page) " of " counter(pages); font-family: ConfluenceInstalledFont, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 8pt; } 

}

I would very much like to be able to use the PDF Layout as well.

------------------------

2. Also, as a side note, if you could help me create a foot note with multiple lines, that would solve my problem. So my question is, how to insert a line break in the footer content.

4 answers

1 vote
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2014

Hi Adriana,

this seems to cause confusion over and over again.

In very short:
There are "page exports" (A) and "space exports" (B) and there is "PDF Layout" (1) and "PDF Stylesheet" (2).

And the "logic" is:

• Both (1) and (2) will work for (B)
  • Only (2) will work for (A)

And this is exactly what happens to you:
You make (A) and whatever you enter at (1) will be ignored.

What can you do now to create title, header and footer?

• If you want to use "PDF Layout": Then do that but give up with "page export" (as you do so far) and use a "space export" instead 
  • If you want to use "page exports": Then do that but give up with "PDF Layout" and use "PDF Stylesheet" instead. Create headers and footers with the "content" element (as you described), title pages are not possible with that method

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2014

That is a CSS topic. Do a research about e.g. css content line break and then try out what confluence supports. (I didn't get it to work.)

0 votes
AdrianaF November 13, 2014

Thank you, @Steffen Heller.

How about my second note, regarding the new line (multiple lines) in the "content" parameter. How can I get the footer or header on multiple lines.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events