Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence | PDF/Word file exported from a confluence page generated gibberish in the Filter Result macro

Ankur Mehrotra July 15, 2014

Steps to reproduce

1. Login into Confluence instance and create a new page of type "JIRA Report"
2. In Page Edit mode, add a macro named "Filter Results" in it
3. In the Filter Results edit window select an existing query created in JIRA such that the results get fetched in the Confluence page
4. Save changes and Publish the page. Once published, observed that the query results are visible in "Filter Result" gadget.
5. Now take an export of this page into PDF/word format and open the PDF/word file downloaded on your local machine.

Expected Result:
1. PDF/Word file exported from confluence should display the filter result table with actual values as shown in Confluence page.

Actual Result:
1. PDF/Word file exported from confluence does not display the filter result table with actual values as shown in Confluence page and instead shows some illegible HTML code

I have attached the screenshot for the same

3 answers

0 votes
Ankur Mehrotra July 17, 2014

Team any update ?

Cheryl Schmelzer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2014

Hello Ankur, We experienced the same issue, and in some cases have resorted to using the JIRA reports macro, which will allow you go generate a readable Word or .pdf file. However, that is not always a suitable option. For our workaround, we are printing the Confluence page and then selecting the print to pdf option. That will print the page with the tables generated and not the macro code. However, it will not pick up any .pdf templates that you've created. You essentially get the full Confluence page content. We then modify the .pdf file.

0 votes
Ankur Mehrotra July 16, 2014

This issue is different from the above mentioned by you.

Also it is coming in PDF files also along with word

My confluence version is 5.4.3 & My MS office is 2010 & Adobe - 10.1.10

Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2014

Hello Ankur, I was reviewing my mailbox for answers and found this pending thread. Since this is not the same scenario, we may need information such as logs and screenshots. Would it be possible to take a look into this through a support ticket?

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2014

Hello Ankur, I have done a similar operation yesterday, and found the same result. In the scenario we were trying to have a page Exported so it could be read in Open Office. There is a bug report filed for this behavior, its CONF-32341.

In case this is not exactly the same situation, would it be possible to provide additional information on your Confluence application version, and if you are using MS Office in which version, as such the community can provide additional insight?

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events