Steps to reproduce
1. Login into Confluence instance and create a new page of type "JIRA Report"
2. In Page Edit mode, add a macro named "Filter Results" in it
3. In the Filter Results edit window select an existing query created in JIRA such that the results get fetched in the Confluence page
4. Save changes and Publish the page. Once published, observed that the query results are visible in "Filter Result" gadget.
5. Now take an export of this page into PDF/word format and open the PDF/word file downloaded on your local machine.
1. PDF/Word file exported from confluence should display the filter result table with actual values as shown in Confluence page.
1. PDF/Word file exported from confluence does not display the filter result table with actual values as shown in Confluence page and instead shows some illegible HTML code
I have attached the screenshot for the same
Hello Ankur, I have done a similar operation yesterday, and found the same result. In the scenario we were trying to have a page Exported so it could be read in Open Office. There is a bug report filed for this behavior, its CONF-32341.
In case this is not exactly the same situation, would it be possible to provide additional information on your Confluence application version, and if you are using MS Office in which version, as such the community can provide additional insight?
Hope this helps.
Hello Ankur, We experienced the same issue, and in some cases have resorted to using the JIRA reports macro, which will allow you go generate a readable Word or .pdf file. However, that is not always a suitable option. For our workaround, we are printing the Confluence page and then selecting the print to pdf option. That will print the page with the tables generated and not the macro code. However, it will not pick up any .pdf templates that you've created. You essentially get the full Confluence page content. We then modify the .pdf file.
Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time! We're looking for people to participate in a remote 1-hr workshop...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs