Confluence Null Pointer Error (Unable to log in)

JordanB June 15, 2016

I am working with a freshly installed version of Confluence, and I was trying to import the backup contents of a cloud version to the on-premise version. After attempting this, any time someone attempts to go to Confluence they are brought to an "Oops" page. Here is a snippit of what it said:

I have tried restarting confluence and that did not help, I also was told that the server was up and running and that the database still had plenty of room. How can I fix this issue?

Please let me know if more information is needed

Cause
org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'isShowSignUp' in class com.atlassian.confluence.user.actions.LoginAction threw exception java.lang.NullPointerException: Application cannot be null at /login.vm[line 6, column 28]
    at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.handleInvocationException(ASTMethod.java:337)
caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Application cannot be null
    at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:204)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2016
JordanB June 15, 2016

So I tried this, and the table that came up was Empty, so update would not have effected anything. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall, and it actually came up with the same error again. This may be because I did not restart the machine and it had residual files left over though. 

Any thoughts?

Like # people like this
0 votes
Vaibhav Kamble July 29, 2019

We are Facing Same Error

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events