Confluence Null Pointer Error (Unable to log in)

I am working with a freshly installed version of Confluence, and I was trying to import the backup contents of a cloud version to the on-premise version. After attempting this, any time someone attempts to go to Confluence they are brought to an "Oops" page. Here is a snippit of what it said:

I have tried restarting confluence and that did not help, I also was told that the server was up and running and that the database still had plenty of room. How can I fix this issue?

Please let me know if more information is needed

Cause
org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'isShowSignUp' in class com.atlassian.confluence.user.actions.LoginAction threw exception java.lang.NullPointerException: Application cannot be null at /login.vm[line 6, column 28]
    at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.handleInvocationException(ASTMethod.java:337)
caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Application cannot be null
    at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:204)

1 answer

1 accepted

So I tried this, and the table that came up was Empty, so update would not have effected anything. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall, and it actually came up with the same error again. This may be because I did not restart the machine and it had residual files left over though. 

Any thoughts?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

381 views 21 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you