Confluence Not showing Web page but running

Finance Department October 10, 2017

I'm having a problem with my instance of confluence that I had running. It was working fine but our disk filled up. I added more space and everyone said that everything was working. That was about a week ago, today I get in and I'm told that they can't access Confluence.

I found this https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-crashes-due-to-insufficient-disk-space-and-truncated-confluence-cfg-xml-file-119800044.html which to me looks like it's most likely the case. but what I am confused at is I am in the home directory and I do not see the file that they list, confluence.cfg.xml, at all. I find the file in /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence though which is also where the atlassian logs are. I don't see that exact error that they list. Also my confluence.cfg.xml isn't truncated to 0, its listed at 2525 bytes

Anyclue what else it could be? or a way to fix it with out reinstalling?

4 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Finance Department October 11, 2017

So I had a few things going on, I'm not sure how it happened but the log files around the 2nd got changed to root only having RW permissions on them instead the the user created to run confluence. Once I solved that I actually started seeing errors in the log, The one Cache file was unable to be cleaned so I manually cleaned out that directory, everything again was owned by root again. After that I started getting Tomcat errors saying it couldn't connect to the Database. So I logged into the SQL server and everything was fine. The database was online not in any sort of recovery mode, So I double checked the conf file and everything was the same, the owner of the file was the confluence user and had full control. So I renamed the conf file and recreated it line by line, exact text as the user and started the services back up and finally my confluence instance started running again. The 2nd was the day that the hard drive filled up as well, so I'm now in the process of trying to figure out how that happened but I see nothing to lead me to what could have caused it.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2017

First, check the application and server logs to see what the actual problem is.  You don't know if it's disk space - "it's not working" tells you nothing.

Look in <install>/log for catalina.out (the server log) and <home>/logs for the application logs

0 votes

I also have an older clone of the server that appears to be working, would I be able to log into that server and tar that folder, then copy it over to get it to work?

0 votes

the only 0 file size I see is the lock file

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events