• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence Not Loading After 1903 Update

We're hosting Confluence on a Windows 10 Pro machine.  After installing the 1903 update, Confluence would no longer load for clients.  After removing the update and restarting, everything worked.  Are there any issues to look out for with this windows update?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego Atlassian Team Oct 15, 2019

Hello there, @Jared Bostick !

What I understand is that Confluence stopped working after an upgrade of the hosting operating system. The system was updated to Windows 10 version 1903, for that matter.

I was not able to replicate the issue on my Windows 10 machine. It is currently running Windows 10 version 1903, just like your server. My instance started as expected and was accessible right after.

With this in mind, I would like to try and investigate this occurrence a little bit further. Shall we? Here is what we can start to look into:

1. Is Confluence actually starting after the server update?
  2. Is there any error thrown when users try to access the instance after the upgrade?
  3. Is the instance accessible via localhost?
  4. Is Confluence running as service or is it manually started after each machine restart?
  5. Is the machine actually reachable via network after the upgrade?
  6. Are there errors in your Confluence logs after the Windows update?

This SuperUser article might help with the task of testing if the server is available:

Also, here is where you should find all relevant Confluence logs:

<confluence-home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log

And here is where we can find the tomcat logs:

<installation-directory>/logs 

If there are errors present when users try to access the instance, please share some screenshots of them with us! Just be careful not to share sensitive information about your instance here in the community.

Our community is an open space where everyone can see everything. Sharing sensitive data is not advised.

Let us hear from you, Jared! Looking forward to your reply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

402 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you