We're hosting Confluence on a Windows 10 Pro machine. After installing the 1903 update, Confluence would no longer load for clients. After removing the update and restarting, everything worked. Are there any issues to look out for with this windows update?
Hello there, @Jared Bostick !
What I understand is that Confluence stopped working after an upgrade of the hosting operating system. The system was updated to Windows 10 version 1903, for that matter.
I was not able to replicate the issue on my Windows 10 machine. It is currently running Windows 10 version 1903, just like your server. My instance started as expected and was accessible right after.
With this in mind, I would like to try and investigate this occurrence a little bit further. Shall we? Here is what we can start to look into:
- Is Confluence actually starting after the server update?
- Is there any error thrown when users try to access the instance after the upgrade?
- Is the instance accessible via localhost?
- Is Confluence running as service or is it manually started after each machine restart?
- Is the machine actually reachable via network after the upgrade?
- Are there errors in your Confluence logs after the Windows update?
This SuperUser article might help with the task of testing if the server is available:
Also, here is where you should find all relevant Confluence logs:
And here is where we can find the tomcat logs:
If there are errors present when users try to access the instance, please share some screenshots of them with us! Just be careful not to share sensitive information about your instance here in the community.
Our community is an open space where everyone can see everything. Sharing sensitive data is not advised.
Let us hear from you, Jared! Looking forward to your reply.
- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events