Confluence - Missing icons everywhere

StefanN April 16, 2017

I tried to import a space from a backup and it failed because the hdd ran out of space. I then deleted the half imported spaced and did it again. This time it worked.

But since then all icons in Confluence are missing. Absolutely everything. Images which I inserted in pages load fine, but everything standard icon does not load.

Here is a screenshot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xowt2amwg0iaox/confluence_missing_icons.png?dl=0

Tried this guide, but it didn't help.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/profile-picture-on-the-top-right-corner-is-missing-402030818.html

In the browser's developer console I see several errors:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) default-space-logo-256.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) add_profile_pic.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) default.png

So basically 404 and 500 related to default images.

2 answers

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2017

One of the images in the dev console output you included is "default-space-logo-256.png". I found that file on my instance under:

<Confluence_Install_dir>/confluence/images/logo/default-space-logo-256.png

Please make sure the missing images' files are present in the install directory and that the user running Confluence has file system permissions to access them.

StefanN April 28, 2017

Good idea and thanks for the hint. "Sadly" everything is fine and the files are there and accessible.

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2017

Hi Stefan,

As far as I can see, all images that are missing are user uploaded images (attachments and profile pictures). My suggestion would be to take a look at this kb-article to see if you can get your missing attachments back.

Another solution might be to trigger a reindex of all Confluence content. The import might have rendered the index to become invalid. Please take into account that a reindex might take a long time depending on the size of your instance!

Best,

Maarten

StefanN April 16, 2017

Hi Maarten, thanks for the hint. I'll take a look at these linked articles but I doubt they'll help.

Confluence does not even load standard icons like the plus and minus signs in a table. These are not ones I uploaded myself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events