Confluence MS SQL Server connection with Microsoft Authentication Mode

Hello,

I have installed confluence. After I set up the Database Connection (MS SQL 2014)  I get the following message at every start of confluence:

HTTP Status 500 - com.atlassian.spring.container.ComponentNotFoundException: Failed to find component: Error creating bean with name 'i18NBean' defined in class path resource [i18NContext.xml]: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.atlassian.confluence.util.i18n.I18NBean]: Factory method 'getI18NBean' threw exception; nested exception is java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessResourceUsageException: could not extract ResultSet; SQL [n/a]; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not extract ResultSet

type Exception report

message com.atlassian.spring.container.ComponentNotFoundException: Failed to find component: Error creating bean with name 'i18NBean' defined in class path resource [i18NContext.xml]: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.atlassian.confluence.util.i18n.I18NBean]: Factory method 'getI18NBean' threw exception; nested exception is java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessResourceUsageException: could not extract ResultSet; SQL [n/a]; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not extract ResultSet

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/8.0.43 logs.

Apache Tomcat/8.0.43

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Marc,

It seems that Nic might be unavailable right now, but could you confirm the permissions are correct according to our setup guide for MS SQL? I've seen this error before when the user didn't have the right permissions.

If that doesn't work, let me know, and I can help from here.

Regards,
Shannon

Hi Shannon,

i set my db-user as a sysadmin for the whole SQL Server, not just for the confluence database. After this everything works.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Marc

Glad to hear, Marc! :) 

Take care, and kind regards.

Shannon

0 votes

What version of Confluence are you running, and what Java?

Also, is this a new install or an upgrade?

And, finally, how did you "set up the database connection"?

Hi Nic! I have upgraded to 6.4.3

Database Connection Test in Startup was successfully but i still get the same error. Could you please help me?

i uninstalled the old installation, deleted the old folders and installed confluence

Hello!

I want to upgrade from a trial installation to a production. The version is 6.3.3.

I have uninstalled the trial installation, moved the folders to a temp directory and installed a new instance with 6.3.3

I tried to set up the database connection with jdbc and the following connection string:

<property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://LSDB02:1433/confluence</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.username">ConfluenceUser</property>

Java is not installed on the server. 

Ok, so you're using the internal Java for Confluence.Could you tell us how you set up the connection?  In the ui during the clean install?

after the clean install the browser started for some settings. there i set the licence key and after this the connection to the database

could it help to upgrade to the newest version?

after the clean install the browser started for some settings. there i set the licence key and after this the connection to the database

Hi Marc,

Just a note, in order to make this thread easier to read, make sure to reply in the box directly below Nic's replies, and not the one below Suggest an answer

This way, Nic can more easily follow your process in order and be able to provide you with helpful answers.

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon, thank you for your note. It was a misclick

No worries, Marc! I just want to make sure the thread is easy to interpret if another user runs into the same problem.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,128 views 2 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you