Confluence/Jira cloud anonymous attachment

Greg Clark January 17, 2023

Related to https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Attaching-files-to-Jira-issues-from-Confluence-offline-user/qaq-p/888576

I'm looking to have users register anonymously with information and upload files via confiforms confluence form to JIRA. I tried to follow above, but I'm guessing this is for server (I don't think on cloud I can just add macros) but getting 415 error when trying to attach the file (after ticket has been created, added to confiforms page). 

form_order.PNG

With form above I'm able to capture data, create JIRA ticket (not shown), and then create confiforms entry (first IFTTT) with jira key and attachment.

The second IFTTT form is to add attachment. I have tried various headers, with and without content, with and without 'Set parameter name' to file, and with different api path (/rest/api/latest/issue/... vs /rest/api/2/issue/...). Most errors are coming back 415.

form_content.PNG

Not sure where to turn here.

Thanks for any help

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2023

Hi

All you have to do is to add a ConfiForms Field macro referencing your "file" field right inside the ConfiForms IFTTT macro body that creates/updates a Jira issue 

(could be after your JSON mapping)

Alex

Greg Clark January 17, 2023

Thanks @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ ...

I put field macro in (as below) on the original Create JIRA issue. I tried changing to webservice request as well - both results in the same 415 error.

file_macro.PNG

My understanding is that for anonymous attachment, we need to create ticket and then add attachment to existing.

I also have the field macro in the WebService request to JIRA for adding the attachment after getting the ticket number. Should this be removed?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2023

The 415 sounds like you are setting some content type that the api does not accept

see a comple example in our wiki https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/FORMS/How+to+create+a+form+to+create+a+Jira+issue+from+Confluence

hope it helps

Greg Clark January 19, 2023

Hi @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ ,

Just to note here. WebService Request error message (415 still appears), but the attachments are uploaded to JIRA. Hoping to not use 'Ignore Error' here, will report back.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2023

Do you still have 2 IFTTTs? You dont need the one that attempts to upload attachments

Like Greg Clark likes this
Greg Clark January 19, 2023

Thanks @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ !

Wonderful - thanks so much here, functions perfectly now.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events