Confluence Jira Issue Macro does not display custom fields!

Hello,

I am evaluating confluence and jira integration. I am unable to get the jira issue macro display the custom fields! I have one field "I Promised I Will FLT On" which is on free text type and another one "Project Name" of text type 9255 charcters) which are available on issues which I want to get on the issue macro. I can see from the filter xml that the fields do exists on the filter URL used by issue macro but I just can't understand where I am doing somethig wrong!

Screen prints attached for your review. Appeciate your quick help. Thanks!

<customfield id="customfield_10610" key="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:textarea">
<customfieldname>I Promised I Will FLT On (4)</customfieldname>

<customfieldvalues>
<customfieldvalue>&nbsp;</customfieldvalue>
</customfieldvalues>
</customfield>

<customfield id="customfield_10202" key="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:textfield">
<customfieldname>Project Name</customfieldname>

<customfieldvalues>
<customfieldvalue>Hima Bindu</customfieldvalue>
</customfieldvalues>
</customfield>

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Accepted answer

Don't have a direct answer to display the custom field in jiraissues macro. But you can add the "Filter Results" portlet of Jira directly to Confluence (refer http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/External+Gadgets), and there you can select whatever you want to display (the same way you would have done on a Jira Dashboard).

Does this help?

Renjith, you just made my day! It's an excellent workaround.

Why workaround? Because the downside is: it does not create a "clickable" JIRA items list compared to the "JIRA issue gadget".

Again, thanks!

-AM-

Its been a while since this question has been asked but I was myself confronted with the same problem very recently. Custom field data just did not appear for the JIRA issue macro in Confluence. 

After a lot of experiments and RTM, I found the solution. The custom fields needs to have a xml velocity template included in the field definition. 

&lt;resource type="velocity" name="xml" location="/templates/heat-map-riskstatus-cfield/xml-color.vm"/&gt;

The sample for this velocity template is 

#disable_html_escaping()
#if($renderedValue)
&lt;customfieldvalue&gt;$xmlutils.escape($renderedValue)&lt;/customfieldvalue&gt;
#elseif ($value)
&lt;customfieldvalue&gt;$value&lt;/customfieldvalue&gt;
#end

HTH

It worked! You're a genius! You have made me to avoid a huge waste of time.

Could you please share details on how you were able to get the custom field data to show in the Confluence macro? I am still not having any luck... Kind regards.

Could you give detailed step by step guide how to do this. We have a requirements doc, with then want create a new epic or story and need a custom field in that macro dialogue.

Thanks

Hey guys,

Not sure if you can help me here or direct to another issue, but I need to be able to assign a JIRA issue that i'm creating from the Confluence page.

Right now there is no option to assign an issue to anybody, it is automatically assigned to project lead, this means I have to go to JIRA afterwards and manually assign to the correct person in JIRA. Just seems very inconvenient.

Thanks
Janis

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,066 views 16 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you