Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence - Java REST Client library

jarzembiak83 March 21, 2018

Hi everybody,
Recently I've been using Jira REST API through one of Atlassian libraries for java: com.atlassian.jira.jira-rest-client-api.jar - there are a lot of examples and quite good docs about how to use it. 
Not I want to do the same with Confluence and I've found some libraries like: com.atlassian.confluence.confluence-rest-client.jar but I can't find any documentation and examples of how to use it in java apps. 
Is this library quite similar in use to the jira's one? Can you give me some links to examples or documentation? 
Any help will be appreciated:)
Many thanks, Marcin

4 answers

0 votes
Barath Subramaniam March 6, 2021

Hai 

I am also looking for similar Java client instead of writing home grown code. Can you please share the details around this

Thanks!

0 votes
filipebecoamador August 2, 2018

https://docs.atlassian.com/ConfluenceServer/javadoc/6.8.0/?_ga=2.136506032.1443004396.1532937685-475902104.1531735149

I think this is what you need. Unfortunately can't find any class such as com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.api.JiraRestClient but for Confluence. Tell me if you find something, please.

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2018

Marcin,

We have documentation on both the JAVA API and REST API for Confluence below:

Have a look there, and if you don't find what you need, please let us know exactly what you're trying to do.

Shannon

Bruce Wilcox July 18, 2018

I too am trying to update my cloud confluence pages by getting / posting to https://my-confluence-id.atlassian.net/wiki/rest/api with a Java client. 

I am able to do the basics such as get my content in JSON format.

But I am expecting to see Java classes to facilitate JSON serialization and deserialization of the requests and responses. I see the Javadoc and the REST API but I don't see a reference to the maven repo that contains the relevant Java model files. Could you kindly post that URL?

I sincerely hope that you do not expect developers to build requests with JSONObjects and JSONArrays and parse the JSON responses with home grown code.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2018

Hi Bruce,

I would recommend raising a new question so someone familiar with that topic can assist you.

If you're actively developing something for Confluence then I recommend the developer forum.

Thank you for your understanding!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events