Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Installation causes white browser screen.

Andrew Khoury March 1, 2014

When trying to install Confluence (5.4.3) the browser screen goes white (it would appear the page times out) when trying to complete the database stage (after I've successfully entered all the databse details and submitted the page).

This is for mysql.

The confluence.cfg.xml file goes from:

<confluence-configuration>

<setupStep>setupdbchoice-start</setupStep>

<setupType>custom</setupType>

to:

<confluence-configuration>

<setupStep>setuppaths</setupStep>

<setupType>custom</setupType>

<buildNumber>4732</buildNumber>

<properties>

Which indicates it successfully passed the stage.

When I try to go to Confluence in my browser everything looks fine and I'm at the next stage.

My question is, are there any settings that will stop this apparent 'time out' I'm seeing in the browser.

I'm getting the following fatal error:

2014-03-02 23:47:45,031 FATAL [http-8090-8] [atlassian.spring.container.SpringContainerContext] getComponent Spring Application context has not been set

-- referer: URL/setup/setupstandarddb-start.action?database=mysql | url: /setup/setupstandarddb.action | userName: anonymous | action: setupstandarddb

Along with a few warnings:

WARN [http-8090-8] [org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate] findDefaultEditor PropertyEditor [com.sun.beans.editors.EnumEditor] found through deprecated global PropertyEditorManager fallback - consider using a more isolated form of registration, e.g. on the BeanWrapper/BeanFactory!

2014-03-02 23:49:18,692 WARN [ThreadPoolAsyncTaskExecutor::Thread 4] [org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate] findDefaultEditor PropertyEditor [com.sun.beans.editors.EnumEditor] found through deprecated global PropertyEditorManager fallback - consider using a more isolated form of registration, e.g. on the BeanWrapper/BeanFactory!

2014-03-02 23:49:37,175 WARN [active-objects-ddl-0] [java.ao.schema.SchemaGenerator] validateOneToManyAnnotation public abstract com.atlassian.mywork.host.dao.ao.AOUserApplicationLink[] com.atlassian.mywork.host.dao.ao.AOUser.getUserApplicationLinks() does not have a value specified for the reverse element of its OneToMany annotation. A value will be required by a future version of ActiveObjects.

1 answer

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2014

Hey Andrew,

This error can occur if the user running Confluence does not have write permissions to the home folder defined in <install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties.

This can also happen if you are running Confluence as the root user.

To fix this bad boy, do not run Confluence as root, and ensure that the user running Confluence has full read and write access to the home folder. This can be set by running chmod -R with the appropriate permissions, to apply them recursively to each sub folder.

Cheers,
WZ

B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2014

Hi

Andrew Khoury

Was there a solution to this? I have huge problems installing Confluence at the moment - giving me:

HTTP Status 500 - java.lang.IllegalStateException: The com.atlassian.confluence.util.velocity.ConfluenceVelocityResourceCache Cache is not alive (STATUS_SHUTDOWN)

type Exception report

message java.lang.IllegalStateException: The com.atlassian.confluence.util.velocity.ConfluenceVelocityResourceCache Cache is not alive (STATUS_SHUTDOWN)

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The com.atlassian.confluence.util.velocity.ConfluenceVelocityResourceCache Cache is not alive (STATUS_SHUTDOWN)
	com.atlassian.cache.ehcache.DelegatingCache.get(DelegatingCache.java:93)
	com.atlassian.confluence.cache.ehcache.ConfluenceEhCache.get(ConfluenceEhCache.java:36)

Nomatter what I do... Tried a fresh server, different browsers etc...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events