Confluence - How to mark a page as obsolete?

William Chan November 30, 2011

Is there any way to mark a Confluence page as obsolete? This would be useful in allowing that page to live on as a record while discouraging editors from adding to that page.

3 answers

0 votes
Stephan Kuempel October 30, 2018

Hi, 

we recently released a plugin called "Outdated for Confluence" which does exactly this.

Users can mark pages as outdated with an additional button.

A outdated review table macro then lets you keep track and review the outdated pages.

For more info see:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219467/outdated-for-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview

https://emapps.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/EAD/overview 

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2015

Archiving Plugin has various features to manage obsolete (non-uptodate or non-viewed) content.

Although it is not available for Confluence Cloud, there is a public feature request for that. Anyone's vote is welcome there.

0 votes
Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2011

on-prem Confluence:

i added different user macros for {draft}, (out-of-date}, etc.
these display as a nice colorful divs - similar to {note} or {warning}

put it on top of the page = done

William Chan December 2, 2011

I'm looking for a solution for OnDemand.

Peter Poulos November 8, 2012

do you have a link (or can you provide) further information on how you created a {draft} etc user macro. I am trying to find a way to create a {cleanup} tag that means the page requires attention. I would then need to create a master page that searches for all cleanup tags within the space so that we can work on them. Thanks for any assistance

Per Hall January 30, 2015

Looks like a nice generic solution; but as a newbie I'm afraid I need a step-by-step guide on macro creation with embedded images in an efficient way (by reference to a common image attachment, built-in, or how?)

Jonas Marek December 20, 2016

For future references:

you can use a status which you define by yourself.

other macros => status

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events