cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence - How to hyperlink or anchor to AUI Tabs page

Zim __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2019

Hi,

My organization is using Confluence Server 6.12.2 and Adaptavist's Content Formatting add-on. We are looking for a way to hyperlink directly to a specific AUI tab on a given Confluence page.

I haven't been able to find any solutions or workarounds for this. We would like to be able to create a URL address that brings a user to a specific tab on a Confluence page.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Cheesley _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2019

Hi Andrew,

You've mentioned that your trying to hyperlink to a specific AUI tab. Are you talking about built-in AUI tabs or the built-in Tabs macro?

If your using the Content Formatting tabs you can link to them by adding a web fragment with the title of the tab on it, to the page link:

i.e. #TabName

If you post up some storage format for the sample page with the tabs on it, maybe I can try to find a way?

Thanks,
Steve

Zim __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2019

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your help and response! We're using the Content Formatting tabs.

I tested this out after posting this question, and indeed, adding a web fragment to the link as you proposed worked in most cases. However, some users have Tab containers and pages within a different Tab page. We've had trouble linking directly to this nested tab in cases like this. 

Might you know if there's a different format of the web fragment we need to add to the link URL to accomplish directly linking to specific tabs that are nested within another tab?

Thanks again for your speedy response!

Andrew

Indre October 17, 2022

Just a kind follow-up on this topic in case you found an answer to this issue as it is also very relevant to me :)

0 votes
Elaine Ocson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2024

Hi, just following -up on this. How are you able to add a 'web fragment' to the link? Also does this work on Aura tab groups under Macros? Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events