Confluence Home Directory

Hello,

I want to find the home Directory of my confluence, so i found the path in the admin-console : C:/data/confluence .

Im a bit confused now, because i installed confluence on ubuntu and cant find " C:/ ". Anyone knows where this directory is in ubuntu??

greetings

1 answer

0 vote

Gah, no, it doesn't exist.

Forget the admin console and read the system info page in Confluence - that will tell you what it's actually using.

well i read the system info page... it says Confluence-Home c:/confluence/data

what system info page you mean??? i read it in Confluence Admin > administration > system information

When you said "admin console", I ignored it because you could have meant the system info page, or any one of half a dozen other things, and it wasn't clear.

If system info is showing a Windows path and you're running on a Unix box, you've got a broken installation. How did you get it to this state? Importing data into an empty confluence? Creating one from scratch and pasting the wrong path into the home question?

Ideally, I'd ask you to look at the config file in the Confluence home directory next, but you can't because we've got no idea where it is.

Maybe it's because im running confluence on a vm which is on a server where severeal vm s are tested ... I dont know.

Well i installed confluence with the embedded HSQL Database and followed the instructions.

Running it on a VM shouldn't do anything like that - the point of virtualisation is that the guest OS still looks like a physical machine and works the same way. It's not that.

What instructions did you follow, and if they're the official ones, why did you paste a windows path into a unix installation? It won't have defaulted or selected it for you

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

763 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you