Confluence Home Directory

David Soldan August 9, 2011

Hello,

I want to find the home Directory of my confluence, so i found the path in the admin-console : C:/data/confluence .

Im a bit confused now, because i installed confluence on ubuntu and cant find " C:/ ". Anyone knows where this directory is in ubuntu??

greetings

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2011

Gah, no, it doesn't exist.

Forget the admin console and read the system info page in Confluence - that will tell you what it's actually using.

well i read the system info page... it says Confluence-Home c:/confluence/data

what system info page you mean??? i read it in Confluence Admin > administration > system information

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2011

When you said "admin console", I ignored it because you could have meant the system info page, or any one of half a dozen other things, and it wasn't clear.

If system info is showing a Windows path and you're running on a Unix box, you've got a broken installation. How did you get it to this state? Importing data into an empty confluence? Creating one from scratch and pasting the wrong path into the home question?

Ideally, I'd ask you to look at the config file in the Confluence home directory next, but you can't because we've got no idea where it is.

Maybe it's because im running confluence on a vm which is on a server where severeal vm s are tested ... I dont know.

Well i installed confluence with the embedded HSQL Database and followed the instructions.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2011

Running it on a VM shouldn't do anything like that - the point of virtualisation is that the guest OS still looks like a physical machine and works the same way. It's not that.

What instructions did you follow, and if they're the official ones, why did you paste a windows path into a unix installation? It won't have defaulted or selected it for you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events