Confluence Hide Macro

AKASH BHARDWAJ September 15, 2015

Hi All,

I have seen the macro's self-referenced documentation: https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/RUN/Hide+Macro

I want to use the macro to hide content from all but a few individuals. I tried using

literal = false
showif = myname:$user

but the content stays hidden.

Please provide a reference to examples hiding or showing content based on user identity.

Many Thanks!

Akash

2 answers

1 vote
Bob Swift (personal)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2015

The Hide macro works with regex matching and you are not going to get a match of myname with $user as both are text values unless you have this included in a run macro where user is one of your user defined variables. 

Milo's answer is appropriate if you are just changing view of content based on users and groups.

Sandra Rinehart
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 15, 2019

Bob Swift, i would like to ask if some Regex examples of what to put directly into the Hide Macro.  I am using very very basic regex and it is not working

I want to hide unless  the current user id on the form is one of several

showif = $current_user_id:csweet|srinehart|wknapp

I have also tried

showif = $current_user_id:(csweet|srinehart|wknapp)

neither have worked

only csweet is shown the panel if i have it as 

showif = $current_user_id:csweet

or

showif = $current_user_id:cweet:srinehart:wknapp

1 vote
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2015

You could try the Visibility macro from ServiceRocket. It works for me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events