Confluence Google Drive Connector

Chris Whitehead May 22, 2018

Hi all,

We're new to using Confluence and we are keen to get our Google Drives integrated into it so we can start embedding some files etc. 

There seem to be 2 options for the Cloud version of Confluence and both are :  

Google Drive Connector for Confluence  (Atlassian verified)

Google Drive for Confluence (Atlassian made)

Does anyone have experience in either of these free add-ons as the reviews seem a bit hit and miss for both?   Is there another way of solving this requirement perhaps we're not aware of? 

thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Eric Johnson June 4, 2018

Am seeking the same solution. From the available options on the Atlassian Marketplace, there is also "Google Drive & Docs for Confluence," which seems more robust but isn't free like the two you mention. 

Have you made any further progress?

Chris Whitehead June 5, 2018

Eric, 

The only progress so far has been through my own investigations, it seems there isn't a great deal of difference between the 2 (we are only looking at the free cloud options currently).  

Some of the differences I have noticed though, on the official Atlassian option, there is a bug preventing documents from appearing if they have team sharing on when you embed them.

and in the draw.io option, if you embed a Sheet then you can't choose which tab is displayed by default, it always shows the first one. 

In both it seems you can't edit either, you have to click to open them up in a new tab proper instead of editing whilst they are embedded.  

Neither are being regularly supported/updated any more either as there have not been any responses to reviews of bugs reporting for 9 months or so.  This could be because they are free and not cared about so much.  Neither allows you to find the embedded files when you are performing a search in Confluence either.

I'm going to look into the paid for version more just as a comparison but I get the feeling, so far, that there won't be much difference.  

Jeremy Noble June 15, 2018

Yes.  We use this app a lot and it's been spinning 'app not available' for an hour or so today.  A lot of our Confluence pages draw from Google Drive and it's been very useful it would be pretty inconvenient if it became unreliable.  Please let us know what you find.   

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events