Confluence External Access or License Sharing

Keith Leo-Smith April 19, 2023

Hi

I am planning to build a product that will use confluence as the knowledge base if i can find a way to effectively use it for external users or share it with existing users of a different subscription

My question is this. Can I build spaces and pages and give external users access to them as part of a product? For example, an external user group may want to browse pages as part of a subscription they pay for as part of this intended product.

Then is there any way to allow users who belong to a separate confluence subscription access to my pages i.e if users already have a license they can use their license to access the content?

I'm exploring ways to use confluence as a backing for a knowledge management product

1 answer

0 votes
Ananjan_miniOrange April 20, 2023

Hey @Keith Leo-Smith 

We have got a solution, Share Jira with External Users (Secure Share) which can possibly cater to your requirements. The plugin provides an option to share confluence pages and spaces with both internal and external users. 

With this add-on, you can create a link to share confluence pages and spaces. Additionally, You will be able to enforce expiration and passwords on links to secure the information. 

Just check it out once and explore the functionality.

If you have any more questions, feel free to raise a ticket here or contact us directly at atlassiansupport@xecurify.com. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events