Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Confluence Doesn't Play MP4 Sound

We embedded an mp4 video in a Confluence page.  The video plays, but the sound doesn't, regardless of the browser.

2 answers

Today i was able to reproduce this issue - the problem is the codec of the mp4 file.

Once i uploaded a file (multimedia makro) in confluence with the audio codec A52 Audio (aka AC3).image-2022-05-11-08-49-12-806.png

While using this format the sound was not working in confluence.

Afterwards i did the same with the audio codec MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a) and everything is working fine! 

image-2022-05-11-08-48-03-506.png

best regards,

flo

0 votes
AnnWorley Atlassian Team Jul 11, 2017

Please let me know a little more. Does the mp4 play on the same computer if you just launch it from the file system? Do any other mp4s play audio in Confluence or are they all silent?

Same thing is happening to me. The mp4 file in questions does have audio when I play it back on the desktop.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes . 🙋‍♀️ ...

873 views 11 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you