Confluence - Does Confluence have a plugin or capability that allows you to select an "approved" version of an article?

Raymond Jorgensen November 6, 2015

I'm looking for an ability to assign an "Approved" state to a wiki article, which then becomes the default page that one lands on when going to that article, and still permit edits to progress for future versions (which one day may become the approved version after a configuration control board accepts changes.)

This permits a known, agreed definition on an article (that the larger community sees), while allowing a work in progress to be performed against the article (which a small team works on).  The larger community can still access the work in progress, if desired, and run a "differences" view, but defaults to the approved version.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2015

As someone who works for an Atlassian Partner (Adaptavist) and hence competes with other partners in many ways, I probably shouldn't say this, but...

You want Comala Workflows - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.comalatech.workflow

I've also found Scroll Versions can be used for this sort of thing, but it's a very different model because that's not quite what it's for.    Comala even has your process built into the default installation as an example workflow.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2015

You might want to check out Comala Workflows or Scroll Versions.

Raymond Jorgensen December 9, 2015

Yes, I discovered that our Confluence instance already has this, and it works pretty slick! Have you ever seen a macro that allows you to add the version and date of the "Published" article to the content/body of the article?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events