Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence Documentation is created in the form of blogs instead of pages using sphinxcontrib-conflu

Hi

I am building confluence documentation using sphinxcontrib-confluencebuilder.
Documentation is getting generated in the confluence but it is documented in the form of "blogs" instead of "pages". 

I am using sphinx version-4.2.0, sphinxcontrib-confluencebuilder -1.7.0.

Pls, let me know if any config is required to generate documentation in "pages".

conf.py
extensions = [
'sphinx.ext.autodoc',
'sphinx.ext.intersphinx',
'sphinx.ext.ifconfig',
'sphinx.ext.viewcode',
'sphinx.ext.githubpages',
'sphinxcontrib.confluencebuilder'
]

confluence_publish = True
confluence_space_key = 'DEMO'
confluence_server_url = 'https://<..>.atlassian.net/wiki/'

Ref link-
https://towardsdatascience.com/publish-python-project-documentation-on-confluence-html-using-sphinx-fad3a98b8eeb 

Thank you!!!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Update-

After downgrading version sphinxcontrib-confluencebuilder from 1.7.0 to 1.6,Pages are getting created in new editor and docs is getting created successfully.

pip install sphinxcontrib-confluencebuilder==1.6

0 votes
G subramanyam Community Leader Jan 03, 2022

Hi @Divyank Mahalle welcome to the Atlassian community.

May I request you to contact the sphinx-contrib contact team for the same.

Hi @G subramanyam ,

It's now confirmed that sphinxcontrib-confluencebuilder creating pages only and not the blogs while publishing the docs in the confluence.

https://github.com/sphinx-contrib/confluencebuilder/issues/600

But while the docs are getting published in confluence, pages are created in Legacy editor instead of the new editor .

Is there any way I can select a new editor as default because I need to convert each page to a new editor after it is getting published in confluence.

Again the issue is, even if the page is now converted to the new editor after that I run the command "make confluence" again all pages which are converted to the new editor are getting converted back to the legacy editor.

I am creating a doc for more than 100+scripts using sphinxcontrib-confluencebuilder.

Snap- Page view in Legacy Editor-

legacy editor.PNG

Snap- Page view in New Editor after converting page to new editor

new legacy editor.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

38,340 views 28 126
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you