Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Documentation in Jira Service Desk KB Articles

Dave Lowe March 30, 2020

Hey guys, I want to create a documentation space in Confluence and then be able to make the content available as self-help in the Jira Service Desk knowledge base?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2020

Hi @Dave Lowe 

Screenshot 2020-03-31 at 1.17.15 PM.png

• A Confluence Space is automatically created when you create a ServiceDesk Project.

• You can configure the Confluence Space by going to Project Settings as shown below 

Screenshot 2020-03-31 at 1.18.26 PM.png

Dave Lowe March 31, 2020

Thanks, Ajay, for your answer. That bit I am ok with. What I really want to do is make my documentation multi-channel. I want to publish the manual to PDF (existing functionality) but also use its parts as KB in the Service Desk. I already have a KB and a couple of articles but I want to maintain the one document set.

Thank you for your reply.

Laura Parraga -K15t- June 22, 2020

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure if you've been able to progress on this matter but I just wanted to point you in the direction of our apps Scroll Viewport and Scroll PDF Exporter for Confluence Cloud. Both might be interesting to you as they allow you to maintain one document set and then share that with your users in a multi-channel way: one delivers your Confluence content to a public help center which can also integrate with your JSD support system, the other delivers your content to PDFs that you can customise and style in lots of different ways (you can also configure templates).

We're also currently working on extending these capabilities to fully meet the needs of teams who keep their technical documentation in Confluence. If you'd like to learn more about our existing apps or see some of our early concepts for versioning, content re-use or variants management for technical documentation, I'm more than happy to chat: lparraga@k15t.com

Cheers,

Laura (K15t)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events