Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Confluence] Database sizing: How many transaction per second for 500 users

Pierre Zurmely April 13, 2014

Hello,

I am currently configuring a confluence install rather sensible. I will use an external MySQL database, and I have to give an estimate of the number of transactions per seconds expected for 500 users.

Does anyone as such kind of data and is kind enough to share?

Thanks in advance,

Pierre

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2014

Hi Pierre,

First, for 500 concurrent users, you might need to tune your database indeed. First of all, I recommend that you use the InnoDB Engine and the utf8 collation in MySQL as stated in the official documentation from Atlassian.

Second, since you expect this much of connections, follow the steps provided in the MySQL own documentation and set the OLTP or configured the number of available connections manually as you wish.

Third, notice that not only the database must be tuned, but confluence might be as well. If confluence becomes slow, then you need to check the connection DB pool in confluence configuration file as we can see here.

By checking these steps, you should have a good environment set.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Pierre Zurmely May 11, 2014

Thank you Rodrigo.

I have followed your instruction, and all is fine now.

I was only wondering how many transaction per seconds could happen in an environment with 500 users, and an estimate of 100 quesries per seconds max do the job pretty well.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Pierre

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2014

Perfect Pierre! :D

It might be a good idea to continuously keep an eye in the number of DB connection threads and the database health for huge number connections.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events