Confluence Data Center AWS Quickstart BastionAutoScalingGroup failed

George Lewe (Lewe) December 1, 2018

Hi there,

I am trying to deploy Confluence Data Center using AWS Quickstart with Atlassian's template, following this guide:

Confluence Data Center on AWS

I selected the option to deploy into a new VPC assuming that it does everything for me and spits out the URL at the end.

The resource deployments started fine. When it came to the LinuxBastionStack, the creation failed with the following error message:

Embedded stack arn:aws:cloudformation:eu-central-1:547726283998:stack/Confluence-Data-Center-LinuxBastionStack-1DZIOFAAY0VV8/b99c69d0-f54e-11e8-8d76-50a68ae714c6 was not successfully created: The following resource(s) failed to create: [BastionAutoScalingGroup].

Is that something I can fix or is it an issue with the Atlassian template?

Best regards,
George

1 answer

2 votes
Adam Brokes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2018

Hi @George Lewe (Lewe),

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community and raising this question. I have tested Confluence Quickstart on two separate AWS accounts and I was able to create full stack - VPC + Bastion + Confluence DC.

From your error message, it is not clear what caused BastionAutoScalingGroup to fail. Usually, when some AWS resource fails, there are several related error messages that are providing more details about what went wrong. Can you please have a look on the Events tab in CloudFormation Console for the failed stack and see if there are no additional details about what went wrong? If there is some other error code, can you please add it to this question?

If this is the only message that you can see, we might need to open a support case to help you further while not exposing any of your information on the forums.

You can always try to run the stack again and I recommend reviewing the Parameters sections if you have filled all the required parameters.

Please let me know how you go, we are here to help you move forward :)

--

Adam Brokes

DC Deployments team

Phil November 12, 2020

Hi Adam, 

We have hit the same Issue as described by George was there any solution?  We are using the option "Deploy into a new ASI ". We created support case: CA-1168342 

Best Regards, 

Phil

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events