Confluence Dashboard ideas? Company News?

NW July 17, 2019

We currently have all users land on the same Dashboard, which displays excepts to company news and has a few popular links to forms that all employees use. This works for us, but I want to create something better.

I'd like to create something like Lively Blogs offers ( http://prntscr.com/ogfrqt ), that displays an except and a featured image of blog posts. But before I go in this direction, I wanted to see if anyone has suggestions of Dashboard features, or design layouts that may be helpful to our users.

Maybe some screenshots of your own dashboard?

Thanks

2 answers

2 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2019

Hi @NW 

Important note: I'm not related to this product by any means but saw a demo a few weeks back and it looks very nice. Much easier than doing it yourself, for sure. 

We are considering it too, actually. 

https://linchpin-intranet.com/

NW July 17, 2019

Wow, this one looks great as well. This would definitely do the trick, but it looks like it has a lot of extras that we would not use. Thanks for sharing it

Like Martin Seibert likes this
Adil Nasri July 18, 2019

I agree that the Linchpin Intranet Suite might be overkill for your specific need. Thankfully, you can cherry pick the apps you need to cover your individual requirements. In your case I would recommend to go with the Linchpin Theme to customize the dashboard as you please. In addition to that you should look into the Linchpin Enterprise News that provides you with professional news management functionality next to displaying your company news in a fancier way.

George de los Santos July 24, 2019

I agree Linchpin is a great Internet tool but might be an overkill. Personally I would recommend an app called Custom Dashboards for Confluence. You can check it out on the Atlassian Marketplace. This plugin app is great and I love creating dashboards and banners for various spaces and pages. Again, check it!

0 votes
Martin Seibert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2019

Thanks for suggesting Linchpin Intranet@Peter Bengov. I agree, that our solution is very good for a top down company news approach:

• You can put them on the dashboard.
  • You can fully personalize the news based on language, department and locations as you wish.
  • You can use all sorts and combinations of news streams anywhere in Confluence (e.g. on portal pages for specific locations, departments or business units).
  • There is a native mobile app with push notifications that can even connect to Confluence behind the firewall.
  • You can display news on large (touch) displays in your offices (also personalized to the place of the display).
  • And there is many more ...

I agree, that if you just want some pictures in your news list, there are cheaper options. We've set out to offer a solution so that your company can really reach all employees easily. Both the CEO for all employees. But also individual leaders for specific sub groups that are important for them.

Check it out. We're happy to give you a demo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events