Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence - Creating a list on child page and rolling up data to parent page

ReachingForPython August 12, 2015

Hello,

I need to create a parent page with 4 lists that roll up from the child pages under it.

The child pages are created monthly with items listed (Example, List 1, List 2, List 3, List 4).

The parent page will summarise all child list 1's in the same place, and summarise all child list 2's in the same place and so on.

2 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2015

You should use the pair of Properties macros to complete this with a Table. I don't see a great way to complete this with a list since I'm not sure how this would work with the Include macro, but with a table these macros make the work inconsequential. 

image2015-8-13 10:34:23.png

I'm not sure, but it looks to me like you're using the depreciated Task List macro. You should be informed that this is deprcated and that the lightweight Task List in the Editor is the new method of assigning "tasks."

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2015

We use the Pagetree macro to do just that.

This is an example of the lists and I want all the lists from each child page to roll up onto the parent page

Can you please explain, all that appears to do is pull child pages over, I want the content of each child page rolled into one list.

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2015

I don't think there is an fully automated way to do this just yet. I say "yet" because soon, Excerpts are supposed to support all kinds of elements, not just text, then hopefully you can just select Include Excerpts and be good to go. For now, you can definitely do it in a semi-automated way by using the Include Page macro, well four of them, and pointing them to the four children.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events