Confluence - Create Jira issue from Confluence Page with required fields (ex: Epic, Billing project)

Anil Kumar January 24, 2018

I looked at the following confluence page to https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/use-jira-applications-and-confluence-together-427623543.html for creating the Jira issues from Confluence. But my project needs epic and some other mandatory fields to be filled in.

Was wondering is the Create Issue field can be configured to show different fields.

Thanks,

Anil

2 answers

0 votes
Fabian Hußl May 6, 2020

Hi, 

we released Viable Issues for server versions. The app adds the functionality to create Jira issues from an AUI button in Confluence.

Reference to our Marketplace documentation.

Regards,
Fabian

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

This is one of the limitations of issue creations in Jira from other linked Atlassian tools. This problem is not limited to Confluence. It is also present in Fisheye/Crucible and Bitbucket. 

There is no way around making the fields not required in the Field Configuration(s) used on the Project.  If those fields need to be required, I suggest taking a look at the Jira Misc Workflow Extensions App, which adds some Workflow Validators that you can use to require fields during the workflow transition.  Unfortunately, it doesn't put a nice red asterisk next to the field like the Field Configuration Scheme does, but I would expect you can make the workflow do what you need with this App. It's a great App that does all kinds of useful things, so it's money well spent, and it's available for Cloud, Server and Data Center and JSD.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

Script Runner can do the same, and put the "required field red asterisk" on screen too, for all but Cloud installs.

(Yes, I work with the Script Runner team, I still owe them a pint for the "put warning on screen" code)

Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2018

^ Like

Anil Kumar January 25, 2018

Okie.. thanks for your input guys.. sorry if i misdirected with my question on required fields, i was actually looking to see if we can add more fields like Epic, Billing project, etc to Create Issue window that pops up so that I can assign my created issue to a right epic.

is this window configurable to add more fields..

Evanna McMahon February 7, 2019

Hi Anil,

Did you figure this out ? How to add more fields in the Create Issue window ?

Thanks

Evanna

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events