Confluence - Create Calendar - Related Space = global space

Leigh Carter October 23, 2017

Hello. We are a small organisation, fewer than 10 people, we use Confluence and JIRA on a continuous basis. So far we have not used Calendars at all but are looking into it, specifically to setup a single Team Calendar for everyone. I have established that in order to Create a Calendar you must provide a Related Space (mandatory field with red asterisk). But as far as I can see I can only provide (for Related Space) the name of an individual space (below the global Dashboard level) whereas we would like the single Team Calendar to apply to everyone across all the complete global Dashboard space. Is this possible and how do you achieve it? Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

Team Calendars can hold nested data.

So you can create calendars in individual spaces and then link them to a master calendar.

That master calendar.  you can edit your "Welcome to Confluence" home page and drop a Master Calendar on it.   Edit that calendar to include the other calendars.   

Here's info on setting the home page.

Leigh Carter October 26, 2017

Thank you for that answer. This has helped us to understand better the options available. After further consideration, we have opted for having a Team Calendar for which the Related Space is an individual space (below the global Dashboard level) created for general organisation information (including the team calendar).

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2017

Awesome, I've seen something like that work really well, for instance, lots of people want the official Company Holiday Calendar to be on their team calendars.

Glad you got what you needed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events