Confluence Cloud watched page update notifications not working

Samantha Bragg March 26, 2018

Hi,

what should I check to work out why notifications are not working for watched spaces and pages please?

No emails, and no notifications under the bell symbol in the left hand navigation bar.

2 answers

0 votes
Lisa DellaPorta October 20, 2023

I have the same problem, only we DO get emails, but no red notification on the bell to let readers know that something has been changed. The desire from the team is to not have emails, but rely on the bell.

It's happening when someone comments on a page that others are most definitely watching. We've tested this with multiple users across multiple pages and spaces. 

0 votes
Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2018

Hi, Samantha.

We would like to clarify the following for you:

1. We would like to know which notification are you referring to?
  2.  Does everybody face the same issue?
  3. When is the last time you receive confluence notification? Can we know what notification you received?
Samantha Bragg April 5, 2018

Hi @Suren Raj,

thank you for looking in to this.

1. If I watch a Confluence page or space and something is changed or edited, I would like to be notified. I assumed that I should get an email in the same way as I do when a JIRA issue I'm watching is updated, but in the left hand navigation bar of Confluence, there is a bell icon which when clicked shows me notifications but these only refer to JIRA and there are non for Confluence in my list.

2. Yes

3. Apologies, I don't remember as it was only when another (newer) user mentioned that they had never received any that I noticed it!

Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2018

Hi @Samantha Bragg,

I have created a support ticket behalf of you, you will receive an email regarding it. We can continue the troubleshooting on the support ticket instead.

I have posted a question for you, I will be waiting for your reply. :)

Samantha Bragg April 5, 2018

Many thanks @Suren Raj

Sam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events