Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Cloud backup

Peter Vermeulen January 16, 2018

Hello,

After reading this article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/create-a-site-backup-724765526.html

i am curious if it is possible to move a copy of the created backup to a 'third party'. 

Prefer to have a 'local' copy of our data using automated procedures.

regards,

Peter

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2018

Hi @Peter Vermeulen,

I am not sure if this helps, but you can run the automatic backup script from the 'third party' in order to create and download a full Confluence backup:

However, please notice that as mentioned in below link, this is actually not supported:

The content on this page relates to platforms which are not supported. Consequently, Atlassian Support cannot guarantee providing any support for it. Please be aware that this material is provided for your information only and using it is done so at your own risk.

Please let me know if this helps. Provide more details otherwise.

Cheers,
Dario

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2018

Hi Peter,

You would still need to download the backup and then upload it to the 3rd party or your local machine if you want to have a copy there.

Is the 'local' copy the 3rd party, or did you want to put a copy locally and to the 3rd party? 

Shannon

Peter Vermeulen January 16, 2018

Hi Shannon, 

Thank you for you answer, the local copy would go to a large (secured) company backup. I refer to it as 'third party' as it is not inside our network, but under our management.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 16, 2018

Hi Peter,

I've asked my colleague Dario to comment on this as well. Dario works in the Cloud Support team.

He's provided some further details for you that may help you out.

Let him know if you have any questions about his proposal.

Regards,

Shannon

Peter Vermeulen January 18, 2018

Hello Shannon, Dario,

I will look into the script soon.

Thank you for your answer and suggestions.

Regards,

Peter

Like Dario B likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events