Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Cloud - Remove or hide the last updated and created by

Jaqueline Eller September 20, 2019

Hi!

How to remove or hide the last updated and created by text of my pages on Confluence Cloud.

I found some information, but only for Server.

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2019

Hello there @Jaqueline Eller!

You are correct. Manually setting customisations in your cloud instance is a limited feature. You can have a deeper look at the differences between Confluence Cloud and Self-hosted here:

You might have options on how to change this with third-party themes for Confluence Cloud as well:

Third-party vendors should be capable of providing support to their applications should you face any issue with them.

However, if you are still using the Old Experience (old editor) in Confluence Cloud you might be able to use the Style macro. Inside the style macro, you could add CSS to remove this element on a per-page basis. This is not a supported solution due to the customization aspect of it.

Also, keep in mind that the old editor experience will be discontinued at some point in the future and this solution will not be viable from that point onward. Here is an outlook on the new editing experience:

Hope this sheds some light on this matter! Let us hear from your team findings.

Jaqueline Eller September 24, 2019

Hello Diego!

Thank you very much for your answers and comments.

• third-party themes for Confluence Cloud 
    • We already use the "Refined Spaces for Confluence Cloud", but only remove this information (last updated and created by) from the homepage or at least, we don't know how to make this.
  • Old Experience (old editor) - I don't think we will use this solution.

Thanks again. ;)

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2019

Thanks for getting back to this thread, @Jaqueline Eller!

Wonderful, since you already use a third-party plugin, they might be able to provide some insight on it! Maybe we could ask @Genevieve (Refined Partner Manager) from Refined for some input.

Is there anything else we could assist you with? Let us hear from you.

Genevieve (Refined Partner Manager) December 13, 2019

Sorry I'm a bit late on answering you here. And thanks for the mention Diego! 

As you thought @Jaqueline Eller , you can only remove the 'last updated' and 'last created' on the space homes where the Refined tools are in play. 

The reason is that with Refined Toolkit for Cloud (formerly called RefinedSpaces) the default space home is replaced by a layout (that you can add modules to). So that's why those are hidden. But on pages we can't change anything on the page. 

You're welcome to reach out to our support service if you have further questions or need help: https://support.refined.com 

Jaqueline Eller December 13, 2019

Thanks for the info.

I understand, but what we want is do not use third-party plugin to hide this information. Just like the sidebar, for example.

Thanks anyway. ;)

SN October 21, 2020

So there is no built-in possibility to hide the createdBy and createdTime in the cloud version? Did I get it right?

We want to use Confluence as a publishing platform for our technical documentation and its not handy that everybody knows who wrote which article especially from a data protection perspective.

So we probably have to go with a different tool then. Thanks!

Like # people like this
Albert Fadool August 29, 2022

Additionally, if a team member leaves organization or is terminated, the description shows (DEACTIVATED) which can be misleading.  End users are not admins and do not know the tool. If you are not willing to provide a way to suppress the display, please move it to the bottom of the page.

Like James Eadie likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events