Confluence Cloud - No Pages Displayed in Pages

Tristam Stone February 26, 2018

Since Confluence's major UI upgrade last year the Pages tab displays "THERE'S NOTHING HERE BUT POTENTIAL." with a CTA of "Create Page". My problem, I have over 13,000 pages not displaying on the side nav.

I have tried to create a page with the CTA above, assuming that if I create a root page and then add to this it would fix the problem. However, when I reorder pages, the page disappears from the Pages list and I am greeted with the blank pages screen.

Assuming that Atlassian had removed the tree nav, I submitted my feedback over a period of 2 months, saying over and over that there was no tree nav and that my only way to navigate was to go in to Reorder Pages via settings and to use that as my navigation. No response from Atlassian.

Currently, only the current page I am editing is listed in the sidenav and if I click expand, no child pages are listed. 

I had assumed until viewing a collegues account (completely different Atlassian account) that they had just chosen to drop the tree nav. However, I can see on his account that things are clearly working for him and clearly not working in my account.

Atlassian can you please listen to my complaints, I have submitted feedback 10 times now and am reaching out via the community portal as a last resort.

Cheers,

Tristam.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2018

Hi Tristam,

You have just received an email from me letting you know that I created a copy of your issue in our support queue so we can start working on this issue right away for you.

I've also alerted the product teams and let them know they can reach out to you via this post.

Thank you for your understanding!

Regards,

Shannon

Tristam Stone March 5, 2018

Thanks Shannon I have just emailed you. Had a busy week. Thank you for the quick reply.

For anyone else that has this problem, the root cause was that I had a child page set to my 'home" page. This can be accessed through:

* Space tools > Overview

* Edit Space Details

* Home page

To fix this issue I had to remove the referenced page in the Home page field. Once this was clear, I was then able to see an index of pages and the strange behaviour of the side nav was resolved.

Cheers guys.

Like Firas Amer likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2018

Hi Tristam,

Thank you for providing your solution here! 

Take care, and kind regards,

Shannon

Nico July 2, 2019

Hi, I still have this problem. I have 1 Home Page (the classic Overview with "Welcome to your new space") and 3 childs. But from the JIRA Software connected to his Confluence space, I see "THERE'S NOTHING HERE BUT POTENTIAL." with a CTA of "Create Page"

Nico July 2, 2019

I will add more information here. I see a difference when I create a Sparce for Software Project and a Blank Space. When I start a Blank Space, I see the pages created there from Jira Software, but is not the case for pages created under Software Project Confluence Space

Nico July 2, 2019

Well, something weird here but sorted out. I connect to a different space and after that reconnect to the original and problem solved. Like "reboot" you laptop when no more ideas came out to solve any problem :)

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
July 2, 2019

Hi Nicolas!

Thank you for letting us know that! Glad you were able to solve it. :) 

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
DA
Atlassian Team
March 3, 2018

Tristam,

My name is Daniel Ayele and I'm a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. I wanted to reach out to let you know that we are looking into this issue on your behalf. We truly do care about your feedback and strive to ensure that we build and maintain the highest quality software experience for all of our customers.

Our Community Support team has reached out to gather more information about this issue from you so we can assess it and determine next steps. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to improve your experience with Confluence Cloud!

Thanks,

Daniel

Tristam Stone March 5, 2018

Thanks Daniel, I appreciate you and Shannon reaching out. Fortunately I was able to resolve the issue through trial and error. I have posted my solution above. Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events