Confluence Cloud - Excel Macro displaying pdf error

Mary LeMieux-Ruibal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 1, 2019

We are getting the following error when trying to leverage the Office Excel Macro on Confluence Cloud:Error.jpg

The file Test.xls is indeed attached to the page

We have tried a combination of .xlsx or .xls files in hopes that MAYBE that would work

Any idea why this is happening?  It is a browser and user permission agnostic issue for us.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Haran Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2019

Hi @Mary LeMieux-Ruibal ,

I guess there can be two possibilities

The excel File may be encrypted. Check for any encryption and disable it if any. 
Secondly,  Permissions in Confluence Page for users are to be defined appropriately.
Say , You can have your file uploaded to a space in confluence  where the   users are        restricted and  if you try to use the same file in other space. You will able to locate the file but users may experience such issues. Kindly check for space permissions and page permissions as well. 

Hope the above will help you in solving the issue.

Regards.

Mary LeMieux-Ruibal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2019

Sure enough we had JUST repaired some horrendous space permission issues before I showed them how to use this macro. Impatience is possibly the cause - the permissions didn't have enough time to 'stick' before this error occurred.  24 hours later, the macro works as expected.

Thanks for the explanation!  Had this been a server installation I would have just run a re-index.  Cloud sometimes is not so easy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events