cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Cloud - Code Block - Unable to Arrow Up or Down in Content

Jason Tolotta January 23, 2018

Operating System: Windows 10

Browser: Firefox 57, Chrome 63

When creating a code block with content on a page, using the up and down arrows will cause the code block to lose focus.

It is expected that the up and down arrow keys should cause the cursor to the move to the next or previous line of the code block content and not outside of the container.

Does anyone have this issue?

EDIT: This is now resolved for tables, however, multi-line panels do not work.

CONFCLOUD-58846 - Using Up and Down arrow keys to navigate text in various contexts causes cursor to jump out of context

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2018

Hi Jason,

Sounds like you may have run into this issue:

• CONFCLOUD-58846 Using Up and Down arrow keys to navigate text in various contexts causes cursor to jump out of context

Can you try with the workaround's suggestion to add extra blank lines on the top and bottom of your code and see if it avoids the issue?

If you find that it is the same bug, I ask that you please vote on it, which helps us keep track of the number of users that are having the issue. Please also leave your feedback there in a comment for our developers.

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

Jason Tolotta January 28, 2018

I accept the workaround works, but I can only assume that most would find the workaround a little bit convoluted.

Walter February 7, 2018

For people that land here, the workarounds as suggested are:

• Put an extra blank line at the beginning and end of a code block.
    • This sort of acts like a stop-gap between code blocks.  Instead of going up past the code block, you temporarily enter the one above or below the current code block.
  • Hold down the shift-key and use the up and down arrows.
    • This ends up selecting the text as you move between lines, but allows you to navigate up and down line by line.
doug April 6, 2018

Putting blank lines at the top / bottom does not work for me (latest Chrome / macOS). 

douglasliu November 11, 2019

It works for me. However, you should place the blank lines outside the code snippet block, not inside. See below. (also latest Chrome / Mac OS)

螢幕快照 2019-11-12 上午11.20.11.png

Louie Almeda February 12, 2020

The issue is still not fixed, but the work around does at least.

But I love that these code blocks now works inside tables and expands :) 

Hoping to see this working perfectly soon.

Browser: Safari / Mac OS

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events