Confluence Cloud - Code Block - Unable to Arrow Up or Down in Content Edited

Operating System: Windows 10

Browser: Firefox 57, Chrome 63

When creating a code block with content on a page, using the up and down arrows will cause the code block to lose focus.

It is expected that the up and down arrow keys should cause the cursor to the move to the next or previous line of the code block content and not outside of the container.

Does anyone have this issue?

EDIT: This is now resolved for tables, however, multi-line panels do not work.

CONFCLOUD-58846 - Using Up and Down arrow keys to navigate text in various contexts causes cursor to jump out of context

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

Hi Jason,

Sounds like you may have run into this issue:

• CONFCLOUD-58846 Using Up and Down arrow keys to navigate text in various contexts causes cursor to jump out of context

Can you try with the workaround's suggestion to add extra blank lines on the top and bottom of your code and see if it avoids the issue?

If you find that it is the same bug, I ask that you please vote on it, which helps us keep track of the number of users that are having the issue. Please also leave your feedback there in a comment for our developers.

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

I accept the workaround works, but I can only assume that most would find the workaround a little bit convoluted.

For people that land here, the workarounds as suggested are:

• Put an extra blank line at the beginning and end of a code block.
    • This sort of acts like a stop-gap between code blocks.  Instead of going up past the code block, you temporarily enter the one above or below the current code block.
  • Hold down the shift-key and use the up and down arrows.
    • This ends up selecting the text as you move between lines, but allows you to navigate up and down line by line.

Putting blank lines at the top / bottom does not work for me (latest Chrome / macOS). 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

74 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you