cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Cache Statistics - reset

Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2014

I would like to be able to reset the hit/miss/expiry stats on the cache page when flushing the caches within Confluence.

When we modify the size of the cache it would be handy to have these zerod so that we can get a better picture of how the numbers are growing alongside the tuning.

Has anyone found a way of doing this? I've not found anything obvious in the database or the vm files that I have checked so far and none of the documentation goes further than just altering the numbers and flushing.

This is generally based around Confluence 5.3 and up.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2014

Hey Steve,

As far as I'm aware that is not possible to achieve within Confluence, however if you clear the cache directory most of those Hit / Miss / Evicted values will be reseted and re uploaded as you restart Confluence, what you can do is to folow below guide to clean the cache directories and see if that works for you?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Clear+Confluence+Plugins+Cache

If you want I can also raise an improvement request so the flush all button on cache statistcs would also reset those values.

Thanks and Regards,

David|Confluence Support Engineer

Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2014

Thanks, I can confirm that the full clean of the directories does indeed clear the stats, but it would be good if you can raise the improvement request aswell.

This would allow us to check/monitor the usage without having to restart Confluence.

1 vote
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2014

Imrpovement request created :):

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-34588

Thanks and Regards,

David|Confluence Support Engineer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events