Confluence CLI has problems with markdown ModifyPage

I am trying to append content to an existing Confluence OnDemand page using the CLI. My command is something like:

./confluence.sh -a modifyPage --space xxx --title "Open Project Notes" --noConvert --markdown --content2 '# This is a test.

This is a test.'

However, this change ends up rerendering my content and making existing Confluence macros "show up" in the existing content. Is there a way to prevent this behavior? The simulate option doesn't simulate the change, but debugging seems to indicate that the entire page is rerendered into Markdown, thus deleting the macro prefix (as if I pasted the whole thing into the editor and it was all treated as paragraph text).

I'm using 3.8.0 of the CLI.

My use case is providing a Markdown file or short string to append to the end of the page (project notes), but I don't want to have to manually use the Confluence web interface to do so as we would have our other systems do this automatically using an employee-provided Markdown file.

1 answer

1 accepted

It is most likely a bug. Can you please open an issue to track it and I will look at it.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

89 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you